Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Smile on My Face with a Nostalgic Coffee Break

 I decided to take some time to appreciate some simple things today. Like enjoying my husband's company over an egg and turkey bacon breakfast. The calm nostalgia I got from enjoying a simple cup of black coffee in a mug given to me by a person I care about. 

 I remember my husband and his sweet smile as he handed me a blue mug his mom bought me from an art fair. It wasn't for any other reason than to send some love my way. My husband helped her pick out the perfect mug from the selection. That's a reason to smile right there.



 I brewed the cup of dark French roast from this KEURIG machine I recently won in a giveaway.  It's something I appreciate and enjoy. Another reason to smile.

 My nostalgic coffee break wouldn't have been complete without a Little Debbie snack today. A brand of treats I used to share with my grandpa while sitting on his lap. He died more than half my lifetime ago but I still remember how special those moments were. How special he was.

What are you nostalgic about today? What has you smiling? Feel free to share with me in the comment section below :)








3 comments:

  1. I am enjoying being with you today my love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been wonderful my love. Now for a Star Trek marathon! *knuckle bump*

      Delete
    2. *Reciprocated knuckle bump!*

      Delete