Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Mary Kay Look Review

Disclaimer: I received the Mary Kay products for free through Influenster.com. The opinions are my own. 

Thanks to Influenster.com and Mary Kay, I got a VoxBox of goodies to try out. Awesome right? I was so excited to open the box that I got in the mail. 


^ Yay ^

I enjoyed looking at each piece, playing with them, taking pictures, and then trying the products out. 

This is Mary Kay Lash Primer. Value: $15.
This was the first time I have ever tried lash primer. I didn't know what to expect. I think I imagined something like glue. But this went on smoothly, wasn't too sticky, and dried nice. I liked how it shaped my lashed and made them look fuller 

 Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening mascara in I <3 Black. Value: $15. 
Mascara is something I am no stranger to. I couldn't wait to try this. I loved how well the brush worked with my lashes. The perfectly black mascara went on evenly and looked great. It lasts a good long while without getting a ton of black flakes in my eyes. It did take some work to wash off.

Mary Kay Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush. Value: $10.
This brush has a good design that makes it easy to hold and work with. The bristles are smooth and have a nice shape. No complaints here.

Mary Kay Cream Eye Color -Violet Storm. Value: $22.
I am a newbie when it comes to creamy eye shadows so using this was an experience for me. I just love the color and think Violet Storm is the perfect name for this. Learning how to spread the shadow on my eyelids was a bit awkward but it turned out so much better than I expected. This is a long wearing formula so be careful. It's hard to correct a mistake ha ha. It did take some work to fully wash this off. 

Mary Kay True Dimensions Lip Stick in Pink Cherie. Value: $18.
This lipstick is designed to smooth and moisturize your lips. After trying this on I learned that pink lipstick just isn't my color [Insert sad face here]. I may not have been able to pull off the color but my lips did feel soft after using it. The lipstick doesn't have a lot of lasting power but I noted that it did not change to odd colors after a few minutes of wear. It's great for getting softer lips but I don't think I would spend nearly $20 on this product. 


This is me wearing my new makeup. Sorry I didn't get a clear shot. I am happy with the makeup overall. My favorite item was the Mascara and my least favorite is the lipstick. Contact your Mary Kay Beauty Consultant or go online to marykay.com if you wish to try any of these products. Have a wonderful day :)

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your review! I am an Independent Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay, and would love to have you and your readers as customers! My customers always get free shipping and a free gift with purchases over $40, and 30% off their first order with me!

    http://www.marykay.com/jaclynkeys

    PLus, I post sales, specials, and chances to win free products on my facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/MaryKayByJaclynKeys

    I hope you’ll shop with me and give our other lip products a try! There's a new line launching on August 16th called Mary Kay At Play that will contain both lip crayons and lip jellies (stick and gloss) for only $10 if price is a sticking point on giving new lip color a try :) (The line also has baked eyeshadow trios and eye crayons for $10, too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably buy my Mary Kay from some local girls but thanks for the offer.

      Delete